Google Adsense puzzles me again

All the 3 images are from Manorama Online’s children’s section
Google adsense simply goofs up as in most of the cases.
Check out the ads- they are ads for Jobs, Matrimonials and Networking.

Content based advertising, ya, that is what Google Adsense is….but….think who goes through these pages, pre teenagers(ok, say even early teenagers)…if they go online to read a Balarama and other sections, I assume they are located outside Kerala or India and these magazines are not available in hard copy version for them….and the they may check these pages on their own or lets say parents take them to these sections(I am sure a kid who can surf himself wouldnt check the Rhymes section!!!)….

So for whom are the jobs ad??? parents may be!!!!
Matrimonials!!!!-confused me!!!! still thinking who the target is!!!!
Networking-may be new generation kids gonna network big time, orkut is only for Adults right!!

1. The Irony of Adsense

1 Parul { 09.24.07 at 7:21 pm }

Next time i am out of topics to write – i too will notice google ka ads.
I will stop reading if i read one more post on adsenses!!

2 ThejasNo Gravatar { 09.25.07 at 4:44 am }

well .. you were reading balarama :)
Its possible that they have been tracking your usage at other websites to know more about u.
I guess google is smarter than you think !

3 MadanNo Gravatar { 09.25.07 at 4:58 am }

well, there is more to adsense that meets the eye. that is the scary part. Google Analytics literally goes through all the sites that you have been through and then displays ads. Its not just about what is being displayed right now. There are several factors.

4 Nikhil NarayananNo Gravatar { 09.25.07 at 7:14 am }

@parul :D

@Thejas
ya dude! I was reading!!! Point well taken :P

@Madan
Did not know this point! Possible !!!

5 TinaNo Gravatar { 09.25.07 at 4:25 pm }

AdSense does have a large share of the self-service ad market, but could you say it owns “all or nearly all of the market”? A survey of the Technorati Top 100 blogs shows that AdSense is the biggest player, but doesn’t even own half of that space. I have all kinds of posts on my blog http://www.monetizationweekly.com about google adsense and their competitors. Please stop by and see me.

6 vinniNo Gravatar { 09.30.07 at 6:47 am }

yeah. google adsense does make sense but only when it is put on the right kind of websites. I guess the next step would be show ads by profile of the visitors also taking into note from where the visitor just came.

7 Kuriako { 10.01.07 at 8:17 am }

It was once Indiabulls in Headline…And ir took me to the advertisment page of sharekhan first step!!!

Pishukku kalanju cash chelavakki thudangi alle…!!!

8 Kuriako { 10.01.07 at 8:28 am }

err..spellb…

9 Nikhil NarayananNo Gravatar { 10.01.07 at 10:03 am }

@kuria
yes da , pisukku mathiyaakki
actually had bought it in 2004!!!
@tina, vinni